I’ve seen a lot of posts on my dash tonight about users who are threatening suicide, with other Tumblr members posting in effort to try to get ahold of them. I think you all should see this:
IF THERE IS EVER A TUMBLR USER WHO HAS POSTED A GOOD-BYE MESSAGE, SUICIDE NOTE, VIDEO, OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS POST.
1. Scroll to the top of your dashboard.
2. See the circular question mark icon at the top? It’s the third one over from your home symbol. Click on that, and a screen similar to the one in the picture will come up.
3. Where you can type in questions, the box with the magnifying glass at the top, type in the word “suicide.”
4. Click on the first link that shows up. It should say, “Pass the URL of the blog on to us.”
5. Type in the user’s URL and tell Tumblr admin that the user is contemplating suicide and has posted a message indicating that they are going through with it or will be attempting. Hit send! Tumblr administration will perform a number of actions to contact the user and take the necessary steps to prevent the suicide.
TUMBLR: THIS COULD SAVE A USER’S LIFE. PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE SUICIDE THREATS.
Reblog this to keep other users aware. Suicide isn’t a joke, and neither is someone’s life. If you didn’t know this, someone else may not, either. Pass it on.
why on earth doesn’t this have more notes
I actually had to do this once. She lived.
if you scroll past this on your dash you are absolutely heartless.
I couldn’t ignore this - Just in case. I was not aware of this feature, and if it helps ANYONE, then it has served its purpose.
you simply just can not scroll past this no one gives a shit if it doesnt match your blog. hit the reblog button.
there should me more notes on this
A few days ago, I graduated from high school. It was a nice ceremony, even though the air conditioning didn’t seem to be working and we were all roasting in our caps and gowns.
Anyway, I have been having so many mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I am extremely excited to be done with high school and I’m ready to go and live my own life. On the other hand, I’m kind of terrified. Also, there are a few people I’m really going to miss.
The past 12 years have been so many things. I’ve made friends. I’ve lost friends. I’ve learned more about myself than I thought I could ever learn. I’ve had bouts of depression and months of indescribable happiness. It’s the past now, though, and I’m trying to treat it as such. I’m starting with a clean slate.
Here’s to hoping that I don’t mess up my life.
1 note = 1 pixel for your fandom’s symbol (shown above) in an art piece I’m making
If you would like to see all of the fandoms, look through these posts
IF YOU DON’T SEE YOUR FANDOM, send me a message saying what fandoms I missed and I’ll add them
If you would like to know more about the project, read this post
FOLLOW ME TO KEEP UPDATED ON THE PROJECT/SEE THE FINISHED PROJECT
This is me in a poem.
Man, I just really love human beings. I want to grab everyone in the world and tell them how beautiful and important they are.
I say this ALL THE TIME, and I’m sure it gets annoying and old after a while, but I really just love everyone. I think that humans are miraculous in the way that they do things. People are beautiful because they are alive and breathing and they can create things that make other people feel something. That’s just a crazy awesome thing to think about.
I believe that we were all made to love one another.